Whats going on around townAugust 2, 2016
Whats going on around townAugust 16, 2016
Strawberry Buttermilk Donuts
Recipe found on this website: http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2016/04/strawberry-buttermilk-doughnuts.html#_a5y_p=5295751
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam (or Smucker’s Simply Fruit Strawberry Spread)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced very small
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, diced very small
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam or fruit spread
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease cake donut pans with non stick cooking spray (I used 2 Wilton doughnut pans that hold 6 doughnuts each)
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Mix until well blended.
- In another bowl combine the melted butter, eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, and strawberry jam.
- Add the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Mix until combined, then fold in diced strawberries. Carefully spoon mixture into doughnut pans, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Then make the glaze while the doughnuts are cooling.
- Mix strawberries, whipping cream, and jam until blended. Then add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.Add more powdered sugar if you need to thicken the glaze more.You can drizzle the glaze over the doughnuts, or dip them into the glaze. We still had glaze left over, so we dipped them a second time after the first layer of glaze set up for a few minutes.
- Eat right away because these doughnuts are soooooo delicious!